[amsat-bb] Re: PC-based filtering software?

Dave hartzell hartzell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:24:36 PST 2006

Yes, I'm looking for something that does real-time audio DSP on a
computer (Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.).

Noise reduction is the primary goal here, similar to those external
boxes.  Any additional bells and whistles (filtering, notching, etc.)
would be great...

On 12/18/06, Tony Langdon <vk3jed at gmail.com> wrote:
> At 06:16 PM 12/18/2006, Dave hartzell wrote:
> >Does anyone know of any PC, Mac or Linux-based software that does
> >audio noise filtering, enhancement, notching, etc.?
> Real time of offline?  There's software that does both, some free,
> some shareware, some commercial.  I'm suspecting you're after
> something to work in real time.  There is a lot out there, best I can
> suggest is to search Google, but be aware that some operates on
> files, and other software acts as a real time filter.
> Can't think of any titles off the top of my head...
> 73 de VK3JED
> http://vkradio.com

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan.