[amsat-bb] Re: Funny translation on spoetnik webpage

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 11 13:19:27 PST 2006

On 11 Dec 2006 at 10:46, William Leijenaar wrote:

> Hi AMSATs,
> I was reading some articles on AMSAT-F webpage about
> the Spoetniks. My French is not so good, so I click on
> the "English" button to get the English translation.
> Then I read some "painfull" translation of Leika, the
> dog that was launched into space... Better be carefull
> with those online translations :o)
> Read it here:
> http://perso.orange.fr/fr5fc/radio/angfoto2.html
> 73 de William
> ---

Here is a revised translation of your text.

This satellite launched on November 3, 1957 carried the Laïka bitch in space.
The USSR could thus study the effects of an orbital flight on a living
organism. The information were retransmitted to the Earth by radio. The
pressurized cabin where the animal was,  remained attached to the  last stage
of the launcher. Sputnik 2 was consumed in the atmosophère on April 14, 1958.
Laïka had died well before the exhaustion of its oxygen reserves. No system of
recovery was indeed envisaged.

The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
WAC basic,CW,Phone,Satellite
Skype VE2DWE