[amsat-bb] Dissertation Survey - low cost autonomous sat tracking
amvm at skynet.be
Mon Dec 11 09:48:14 PST 2006
I am an MSc. student starting work on my final dissertation. My dissertation
topic is: "A low cost autonomous satellite tracking system". The intention
is to build a tracking system with roughly the following specifications:
- PC independent
- microcontroller based
- (car) battery powered
- SGP/SDP tracking algorithms
- Time and position acquisition possible via serial port from GPS
- Transceiver control over serial port
- Tracking HW control loop for Azimuth and Elevation
- Ethernet connection to acquire TLE's - the idea here is to collect
TLE's and store them for later mobile/portable use.
To complete my understanding on what is out there I have the following
Which PC based tracking SW are you using?
Which non-PC based tracking SW are you using?
Which PC connected tracking HW are you using?
Which non-PC connected tracking SW/HW are you using?
Are the above specifications sufficient? What else would you suggest?
Thanks for all and any input,
More information about the AMSAT-BB