[amsat-bb] Re: Lunar Architecture Moon Base

Edward R. Cole al7eb at acsalaska.net
Mon Dec 4 19:29:26 PST 2006

At 03:59 PM 12/4/2006 -0800, Dave hartzell wrote:
>Maybe we can get a transponder on the moon!  ;-)

I read that on-line today (other than above links) and thought the same.  I
would guess if it were promoted as a safety backup to NASA comms and for
astronaut personal use comms (like ARISS was done) this may actually have
some potential.

However, one must remember the space-loss at 250,000 miles will require
minimum antenna/power on both ends.
I wonder if use of microwave such as CC-Rider (now called ACP) would work
best.  Should also work as digital repeater.
Ed - KL7UW
Amsat #3212
Modes: V - U - L - S
USA Rep. for Dubus Magazine: dubususa at hotmail.com